NGE consolidates its investment capacity with Sustainability-linked loan and bonds
gender diversity + accident prevention + GHG
Syndicated loan refinancing and a €500m Sustainability-Linked Euro PP bond issue
NGE, Top 4 construction company in France, announces a successful refinancing package of two back-to-back transactions directly linked to environmental social and governance (ESG) performance indicators, including the first ever Sustainability-Linked Euro PP bonds issued in France, listed on a regulated market:
- Refinancing of the 6-year €350 million syndicated loan by all its existing banks, as well as new partners.
- Issuance of a Euronext-listed €150 million Sustainability-linked Euro PP SLB with maturity dates of 2028 and 2029.
These transactions provide NGE with the financial resources needed to achieve the ambitions set out in its 2021-2025 business plan, at the same time as extending the maturity of its debt to 2029. They follow a reorganisation of the Group shareholding structure since the entry of Montefiore as an equity investor.
The following indicators apply to both the new bank loan agreement and the bond issue:
- The number of women in worksite management position.
- A reduction in the accident frequency rate.
- Lower greenhouse gas emissions.
If these three targets are not met, NGE will not only be subject to penalties, but will also make donations to non-profit organisations working on the same issues as those addressed by these indicators. NGE performance in respect of each indicator will be published and audited by an independent third party as part of the annual non-financial performance statement review.